ICD-10 Implementation: Feedback, Questions, Concerns

In this forum thread feel free to post your comments and areas for discussion that you may have based on the weekly auditing and compliance tips from NAMAS.

Moderators: Shannon DeConda, NAMAS Moderator

ICD-10 Implementation: Feedback, Questions, Concerns

Postby admin » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:07 pm

Post your feedback, questions, or concerns you have on the ICD-10 implementation here.
admin
Site Admin

Re: ICD-10 Implementation: Feedback, Questions, Concerns

Postby Kamos2015 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:59 pm

Our practice did a lot of prep work with our EHR and EPM systems, as well as completing two mock go live tests with our system, providers, coders and billers. We had little opportunity to do end to end testing with payers however so reimbursement is a concern. Yesterday all of our providers agreed to finish all their charts through 9/30/15, and our coders and billers stayed late to get everything billed in ICD-9. My coding/billing team made care packages for our providers, lab and referral personnel to lighten their mood today as they begin to use ICD-10 and my team is all wearing "Keep Calm and Code On" t-shirts." We are hoping for a smooth transition. Wishing everyone good luck with the transition.
Kamos2015

Re: ICD-10 Implementation: Feedback, Questions, Concerns

Postby gatormom79 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:05 pm

Love the Enthusiasm! My first 50 Oct claims are on their way - hoping all the preparations and the great AOA conference in TX will do the trick...
gatormom79

Return to Weekly Tip Comments & Discussions