OB/GYN Auditing reference tools

This is a great place to share all of your knowledge, tips, tid-bits, tools, resources, articles, and invaluable auditing information you would like to make available to others.

Moderators: NAMAS Moderator, Shannon DeConda

OB/GYN Auditing reference tools

Postby kaydlady » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:55 pm

I am auditing an OB/GYN office of providers and i need some good reference materials on documentation and billing ouside of the maternity package and what's included in the packages. But mainly documentation. These doctors are barely documenting anything for the routine follow up prenatal visits and yet are billing 99213's instead of the pregnancy package. i need guidance for this. Can you help me?
kaydlady

Re: OB/GYN Auditing reference tools

Postby admin » Fri May 01, 2015 5:19 pm

The best OB GYN coding and documentation reference tool is the OB GYN Coding Companion. the ACOG website is excellent as well. There are free references, ICD-10 webinars, specific coding scenarios, NCCI bundling updates, "question of the month" (about new patient visits in April 2015). There are also products free to ACOG members such as "Procedural Coding in Obstetrics and Gynecology". Lastly, use the CMS website to access applicable NCD and LCD policies.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Resources and Tools for the Auditor and Compliance Professionals