CEMA Test

This section of our forum is dedicated to those with questions regarding the industry standards in salary expectations, job duties and requirements, and also allows for those interested in obtaining a position in auditing or compliance to post as well. If posting about a position, we encourage individuals to use a social account such as LinkedIn for conversational and self promoting purposes and to be mindful of posting certain personal information in this forum- or online in any format.

Moderators: Shannon DeConda, NAMAS Moderator

Compliance-coder

Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:24 am

Hi all,
new to the group. I have been in the medical field since 1993 and I am certified through the AAPC. I am interested in the CEMA test. Can anyone offer information, tips, etc., on the test? Was it easy, was it hard, did you run out of time? Thanks in advance
Compliance-coder - Mary Dressler, CPC, CEMC
Thestephcode

Wed May 09, 2018 11:41 am

I found the exam pretty straightforward but if someone does not thoroughly understand E/M coding, there is no chance of passing this exam. Ease would depend on a number of factors. Are you an experienced auditor? Are you comfortable leveling an E/M? Are you familiar with NAMAS' interps of those grey areas? Did you take the boot camp?

I have been auditing for several years and found the exam reasonable in content and time. It was thorough enough to really mean something. The CEMA impresses me enough to nudge everyone in my department to get the credential to set us above and apart from others. Three down, eight more to go!