Certified Coder/Medical Billing Specialist
Billing · Summerville, South Carolina
Articularis Healthcare is the nation's largest Rheumatology practice and our Summerville, SC location has an opening for a Certified Coder/Billing Specialist. This is position into the healthcare field will allow you to gain experience and grow into the healthcare arena. The main focus of this new role is outlined below. Multilingual is a plus!
A 4-year degree from a traditional college or university is preferred. Mon-Thurs (7:30 AM - 5:30 PM), with a 3-day weekend! Strong communication, organizational, and multitasking skills are required. Benefits include; health, dental, life, short and long term disability, 401K and pension plan, PTO and 6 paid holidays.
Please visit our website at www.articularishealthcare.com and apply under the careers tab. Please be sure to enclose a resume and cover letter.
• Assigns appropriate ICD and CPT codes to diagnoses and/or procedures for reimbursement and statistical purposes.
• Follows the American Medical Association and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services coding guidelines.
• Abstracts clinical information from medical records for complete and accurate statistical documentation.
• Position primarily focuses on coding and billing for physician professional services in Medical Office
• Minimum Qualifications
• Minimum Education: 2-year college degree
• Minimum Years of Experience: 3+ years of experience in professional coding and billing or related field preferred
• Required Certifications/Licensure: Licensure, Registry or Certification Required: Must have one of the following: CPC, COC, CCS-P.
• Experience working with HCPC, CPT, ICD diagnosis coding, E/M Documentation Guidelines (1995/1997);
• Experience with CCI, edits;
• Experience with Medicare LCDs and NCDs;
• Understanding of state and federal regulations as well as payor billing requirements.
• Must be computer literate and have experience with Microsoft applications (i.e., Word, Excel);
• Experience with electronic health records software.
• Essential Functions
• Reviews and interprets Medical Office assign ICD and CPT codes for reimbursement and statistical purposes.
• Abstracts information into computer for reimbursement and statistical purposes. Researches current trends in healthcare coding and compliance.
• Keeps department manager up-to-date on regulations and events that impact physician coding and billing.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Must work independently and collaboratively to support the achievement of department People, Quality, Finance, and Service goals as well as organizational goals.
• Works as a team with physicians, coding staff and other personnel to ensure proper and accurate code assignment and continuous quality improvement.
• Identifies charge capture opportunities and assists with implementation of coding and billing processes.
• Has positive attitude, is engaged and has high degree of ownership in role.
• Assists with development of coding and billing procedures for new services. Performs all other duties as assigned.
This section of our forum is dedicated to those with questions regarding the industry standards in salary expectations, job duties and requirements, and also allows for those interested in obtaining a position in auditing or compliance to post as well. If posting about a position, we encourage individuals to use a social account such as LinkedIn for conversational and self promoting purposes and to be mindful of posting certain personal information in this forum- or online in any format.
1 post • Page 1 of 1